Friday, May 16, 2014

Did You Know?

I can almost assure that everyone has felt that anxiety when their phone is almost out of power. As I sit at my work desk with only 25% battery left, I have resorted to rationing my texts and apps. I decided to search if there's any other ways to save battery, and it turns out that there are multiple ways to extend your phone's life span.

A good way to start is turning of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and the GPS options if they aren't necessary. When your phone is constantly searching for a network or connection, battery is wasted. A good trick to turn off everything is to switch it on airplane mode! That will also disable messaging and calls, which is something that I would personally find really beneficial. If I see a text, then I'm going to read it and respond. But if I don't know that I have any messages...no temptation to look! 

I already knew that I could dim my screen brightness, but I didn't know that manually closing apps actually takes more battery power. It takes less power to leave the apps open instead of having to restart them every time we open them. There are also apps such as "Battery Saver" that clarifies what aspects of your phone use the most battery power, and how you can limit it. 

I found this article on USAToday.com really beneficial, and I think I just might make it through my work shift with my phone still on. Even though this is probably classified as a #FirstWorldProblem, I know some of you will appreciate it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment